 Robotics / NXT / 294
  NBC Control of RCX Sensors

Has anyone tried to control the RCX sensors with NBC? I have the converter cable and hooked up my RCX light sensor, but only got back readings of 53 (percent full scale). I used the NBC SetSensorLight command which should set the sensor to turn on (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC Control of RCX Sensors

OK, I answered my own question. I just needed to set the sensor type to: IN_TYPE_LIGHT_INACTIVE for RCX light sensor with the LED ON IN_TYPE_REFLECTION for RCX light sensor with the LED OFF (18 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC Control of RCX Sensors

Another observation. It seems that the IN_TYPE_LIGHT_INACTIVE is really not meant to be used with the RCX light sensor. There is very little sensitivity with this setting. The IN_TYPE_REFLECTION setting is much more sensitive. Too bad that we lost (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC Control of RCX Sensors

(...) The RCX sensor itself does not work without activating its LED. IN_TYPE_REFLECTION is the mode you should use with it (IN_TYPE_LIGHT_INACTIVE and IN_TYPE_LIGHT_ACTIVE are for NXT light sensor). As you noticed, the RCX light sensor has some (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)