 Robotics / NXT / 276 (-20)
  Re: NXT candid camera

(...) The second video is better, I think. Spike was always my favorite NXT robot. (18 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Has anyone figured out how to improve the NXT light sensor?

Hi Geoffrey, (...) Detecting 1x1 plates should not be hard if they pass close to fiber optic end to efficiently block light. (...) I believe it's caused by the blue background I used that somewhat fooled my camera white balance. That said there is a (...) (18 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Has anyone figured out how to improve the NXT light sensor?

(...) Hi Brian, What kind of application needed this precision? Line follower? Did you need to shield the fiber to avoid stray coupling of light to the phototransistor? Philo (18 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT candid camera

LEGO has posted two short movies of NXT robots playing tricks to people in a toys store... (URL) Don't forget to click on the thumbnail below to watch the second video. Have fun! Philo (18 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

(...) Ralph - I'll send them to you. If you want, mail me the byte format and I'll see if I can run a conversion. I presume it's in the vertical byte format that the screen uses? I did a full 256 character set that includes upper case, lower case, (...) (18 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Has anyone figured out how to improve the NXT light sensor?

(...) I've also used this the other way around, using a fiber optic cable to route light to the phototransistor itself. Do this with more than one light sensor, and you can have much better spatial resolution (the ends of two fiber optic cables can (...) (18 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message news:JAF8tF.16H@lugnet.com... (...) That's good to hear. (...) I'll have to download and check out your program. It looks great! I'll also have to see if I can get the sensor to detect 1x1 (...) (18 years ago, 18-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Has anyone figured out how to improve the NXT light sensor?

Hello Geoffrey, (...) First, don't worry about heat - such leds are really cool (thermically wise) devices! This one dissipates only about 20 mW... Your fiber optic cable idea is interesting... and it works well! I used the fiber optic cable (...) (18 years ago, 17-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Feed Me! Feed Me! Feed Me!

What can I say? This hungry little fellow is a very picky eater. He is hungry. If you don’t feed him often, he demands food. But when you do feed him, he says that the food is disgusting and spits it out. If you are looking for a compact robot with (...) (18 years ago, 17-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Has anyone figured out how to improve the NXT light sensor?

I'm looking for ways to build this sensor into a studless beam project of mine, and I was wondering, given it's large size and the comparative brightness of the LED used to light it, how can I use it to detect if an object is blocking a path? (...) (18 years ago, 16-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

(...) About a year ago, I got involved in doing some hacking on the Sony PSP, and wrote a Windows utility that will rip any font at a chosen size as a bitmapped C array. If I can figure out which computer I left the sources on, I'll make it (...) (18 years ago, 16-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

> This is very good news. Thanks for the update. I've been waiting for this for > a long time, particularly to have a look at the rather weak graphics > capabilities. I've had an expanded font (and a much smaller one) kicking around > for a while (...) (18 years ago, 16-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

(...) Now that's a cool idea. I've been messing around with remote-controlling the NXT via Bluetooth from a PC application, and it seems pretty solid. You'd definitely have some timing issues running a remote emulation like you describe, but this (...) (18 years ago, 15-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

(...) My understanding is that the source is version 1.04. John Hansen (18 years ago, 15-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Firmware source code

(...) If this limitation had applied to the rcx, I'd have suggested this. Because you can control the outputs and read the inputs direct from a pc you could run an emulation of the rcx firmware running your program on the pc. The rcx would then (...) (18 years ago, 15-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  More Not eXactly C (NXC) beta news

(...) I'm working on the next beta release (15) of NBC with the focus on building the Not eXactly C (NXC) API. These features are already working: New NXC API functions: ExitTo(task), Stop(bStop), SetInput(port, field, value), SetOutput(ports, (...) (18 years ago, 15-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: NXT Snake game

(...) "Left as an exercise for the reader": Create a version which uses a bluetooth cellphone as a controller for access to more keys. Also: Nxtris, anyone? Hey! What about a physical implementation of Snake? Dennis (18 years ago, 15-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: Not eXactly C beta news (NBC)

(...) I have uploaded NBC beta 14 for Linux, Mac OSX, and Win32 platforms. John Hansen (18 years ago, 14-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: Not eXactly C beta news (NBC)

(...) I just uploaded a zip containing a few example programs to the NBC samples page. (URL) I'm working on documentation. I'll be releasing beta 14 later today (for all platforms) which has the following new features: Version 1.0.1.b14 Adds string (...) (18 years ago, 14-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: Not eXactly C beta news (NBC)

(...) Where do we find the sample file test.nxc, or some other documentation of NXC? I didn't find the sample file in the source and binary distributions of beta 13. (18 years ago, 13-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact