 Robotics / NXT / 208
  Re: NXT Bluetooth "Dongle" or "Adapter"?

In article <J8Ds7J.73z@lugnet.com>, David J. Perdue <david@davidjperdue.com> writes (...) Essentially they are synonyms. Formal: TDK manufacture Bluetooth adapters. Informal: I have a Bluetooth dongle sticking out of the side of my laptop. "Dongle" (...) (18 years ago, 8-Nov-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Bluetooth "Dongle" or "Adapter"?

(...) Well that explains the presence of "adapter/dongle" on the Internet. Thanks for passing along the information! - David (18 years ago, 8-Nov-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Bluetooth "Dongle" or "Adapter"?

(...) In my experience (and usage), "dongle" is usually used as a derisive or semi-derisive term, much in the way "wall wart" is used to describe a power transformer with integrated plugs. Matt (18 years ago, 9-Nov-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)