 Robotics / NXT / 190
NXT-G: Structured Programming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2006 18:48:19 GMT

A First Lego League team wants to use the NXT buttons thusly:

left   - decrease program number
right  - increase program number
enter  - run mission program

at end of each mission program, return to main program selection loop.

They do something like this: (I'm expressing in code)

while true
{
   if (left_button) prognum -= 1;
   else if (right_button) progrnum += 1;

   if (prognum = 0) prognum = 5;
   if (prognum = 6) prognum = 1;

   display prognum;

   if (enter)
   {
      if (prognum = 1) myblock1;
      if (prognum = 2) myblock2;
      if (prognum = 3) myblock3;
      if (prognum = 4) myblock4;
      if (prognum = 5) myblock5;
   }
}

At this point, it's really an ugly looking program.  I'm sure they'll need to
myblock the increment/decrement of the prognum so they can test the range
effectively and play a note corresponding to the prognum.  I'm sure the
"picture" would be prettier if they use myblacks all the way through the main
loop.  So what looks initially like a structured program can now be called
event-driven object oriented programming.

Hurrah for myblocks!