 Robotics / NXT / 181 (-20)
  Re: Defective Ultrasonic sensor - Please Help

In article <J7AuCz.GsB@lugnet.com>, Patrick Levy <patrick@omiccron.com.br> writes (...) Interesting, it did not seem easy to do, and as Lego have published the circuit diagram I lost interest in doing so. For the circuit information see the Hardware (...) (18 years ago, 19-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  GUI Bluetooth problem

Hi I’m building a GUI interface for my NXT plotter (www.norgesgade14.dk/lego) and I want to change variables on the NXT itself - making the plotter able to draw squares of different sizes - how is that possible? Also I am having problems closing the (...) (18 years ago, 18-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Defective Ultrasonic sensor - Please Help

I decide to start a new subject for this, because I just figured out the problem with my US sensor. Thanks to Philo advice, i did easily open the sensor and I found this broken wire connection. So, when I connect this wire in the place it seems to (...) (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Ultrasonic reporting wrong values

(...) What I discover just now: If I press the light gray conector case behind the sensor case with my nail, it will report the correct values!! but when I release, it stop working again. It seems to be a bad contact inside the sensor. How can I fix (...) (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT-G using RCX items.

(...) Hi John. Please also read my previous posts about this subject. (URL) (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Ultrasonic reporting wrong values

(...) I don't think that's an issue. In the sensors I have the mesh is not straight. Steve (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Ultrasonic reporting wrong values

(...) No, is not. I am in "desperate mode", so, by now I am using only the NXT brick and the US, and trying to figure out more information about this condition... I realize now that the black grid in front of the right "eye" of the sensor is turned (...) (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Ultrasonic reporting wrong values

(...) Yes, "stationary" is the correct word... The problem that i bought this one in UK, but i live in Brazil. No one here have this set (Actualy, i don´t know anybody who plays with LEGO mindstorms also...) With BrickxCC watching this sensor I get (...) (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Managing Memory

(...) I've tested some, but not a lot (speed of execution I've tested more). Yes, NXT-G is not memory-friendly, *but*... (URL) biggest first problem is putting a bunch of nice sound files on-board (and especially not deleting them later). The nest (...) (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Ultrasonic reporting wrong values

(...) Is this sensor mounted on a robot? Make sure you don't have anything anywhere in front of the robot. Steve (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Ultrasonic reporting wrong values

(...) I'm not sure what you mean by "completely stopped" - stationary? I suppose it's possible that you actually have a bad US sensor. If you can find someone with a working one, try swapping sensors with them and see if the problem is isolated to (...) (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT-G using RCX items.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Glassey" <glassey@ieor.berkeley.edu> To: <lugnet.robotics.nxt...ugnet.com> Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2006 12:53 AM Subject: Re: NXT-G using RCX items. (...) Thanks for the infomation Roger. I'm going to (...) (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT Ultrasonic reporting wrong values

A just get my NXT, and everything works fine, but the ultrasonic sensor is not reporting correct values. No matter what distance or direction it is pointed, the readings changes quickly from 1 to 3 inches (3 to 7 cm) even if the sensor is completely (...) (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT-G using RCX items.

(...) I have a conveter cable so I finally did some tests with NXT-G and here is what I find-- RCX motor runs in both directions, and responds to the speed settings. The touch sensor works. The light sensor measures ambient light. But the bad news (...) (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Managing Memory

I've got 8 kids working on NXT who have been experiencing "not enough memory". So, I did a little experimenting. Every new program takes a minimum of 6K. Every Move Block takes 0.5K Imagine that! 500 bytes for a simple move block. I haven't measured (...) (18 years ago, 14-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT-G using RCX items.

(...) Well, you need converter cables of some sort to even connect RCX sensors and motors to the NXT. Beyond that, I'm not sure; I've not tried yet, because I don't have the converter cables to try. I suspect you will need the special NXT-G (...) (18 years ago, 13-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT-G using RCX items.

Hello Everyone: I just read the press release regarding the LEGO Mindstorms Education NXT. There is no discount available for their software that allows me to use my RCX motors, sensors etc with the NXT-G. Do I even need their version to run RCX (...) (18 years ago, 13-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT to RCX Communications

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Davis" <brdavis@iusb.edu> To: <lugnet.robotics.nxt...ugnet.com> Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 10:23 PM Subject: Re: NXT to RCX Communications (...) Thanks Brian. I might as well use the time to try and (...) (18 years ago, 5-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT to RCX Communications

(...) No. The light sensor can have the red LED either on or off - you can't set it to "20%" or something like that, and there's no way to toggle the LED fast enough to mimic or RCX-style IR message. But... You could cetainly have a program (...) (18 years ago, 5-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT to RCX Communications

Hello everyone: Is it possible for the NXT to send Run Program commands from the NXT to RCX via a light sensor? Here is an example: 1- The NXT Ultrasound sensor detects an object close by, triggers the NXT light sensor to light up at 20 percent (...) (18 years ago, 5-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact