 Robotics / NXT / 168
Re: NXT-G using RCX items.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 04:53:36 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Brian Davis wrote:
I've not tried yet, because I
don't have the converter cables to try. I suspect you will need the special
NXT-G programming blocks to use the motors (and probably most of the sensors),
but maybe LEGO will be able to release a patch of something that could give that
ability to the commercial Mindstorms software.
I have a conveter cable so I finally did some tests with NXT-G and here is what I find--  RCX motor runs in both directions, and responds to the speed settings. The touch sensor works.  The light sensor measures ambient light.  But the bad news is that it does not generate light when that option is selected in the light sensor block. The rotation sensor block would not read the RCX rotation sensor.   The sensor block does read the rotation sensor in raw mode, which is just as hard  to use as raw mode in the RCX.
Roger Glassey