 Robotics / NXT / 156 (-20)
  Help with NXT-G programming.

Hello, I got my Mindstorm NXT set a few weeks ago. Have built and programmed all the modells that was in the program that came with the set. And now started to make my own robots with the NXT. The NXT-G program looks great and is easy to understand (...) (18 years ago, 2-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: Tacho Limit and Braking

If you want to try something a little different, use RobotC to do this. There are several advantages to this: * It can be done with one "setout" opcode. * The RobotC PID algorithm for this type of movement is different than the NXT-G (...) (18 years ago, 2-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Tacho Limit and Braking

(...) The NXT firmware does not support a single operation which has the motor run to a specific tachometer limit and then brake. The only way to do what you would like to do involves several operations. But you can wrap it all up into a reusable (...) (18 years ago, 2-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Tacho Limit and Braking

I started playing with NBC, and wanted to run the motor until it hits the tachometer limit, and then brake. I have been unable to make this happend with one setout opcode. Is it possible? Is it possible to make the opcode wait until the tacho limit (...) (18 years ago, 1-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Program with Java using iCommand 0.4

The latest version of iCommand is out. It's not quite leJOS but it's the closest thing out there until we get into leJOS development. New features: - I2CSensor and UltrasonicSensor support. - Changed API so it duplicates architecture of leJOS API (...) (18 years ago, 23-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Danny's Mindstorms new domain

Hi all! I wish to invite you to update your links: my new (and only) page is now at (URL) you for your attention. Danny (18 years ago, 23-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT - TiltBot - test of Techno-Stuff Tilt / Accelleration Sensor

All, I created a NXT bot to test the Techno-Stuff tilt / accelleration sensor. Pics and details here: (URL) (18 years ago, 23-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Johnny 5

Instructions may come out in a book next year. I'll soon release some new software for JohnNXT. Cheers, Danny (18 years ago, 19-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT software's "My Portal" tab now actually does something

(...) Nope, it's not that, I'm connected all the time. I'm guessing the Windows Firewall, but I've opened that up (I think). (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Johnny 5

(...) He has recently posted a parts list, which is a start: (URL) (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: NXT software's "My Portal" tab now actually does something

You have to be connected to the internet for it to work. The panel is basically a tiny web browser (it uses Mozilla's Gecko rendering engine). (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

I can't get it to connect at all, I get "Not Connected" "Jordan Bradford" <jordan_bradfordREMO...tmail.com> wrote in message news:J5nurA.7K8@lugnet.com... (...) (18 years ago, 17-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT software's "My Portal" tab now actually does something

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but the "My Portal" tab in the NXT software now actually has some content. The first is a link to the Classic Cuckoo Clock and SoundBot building instructions on the Mindstorms website, and there are some (...) (18 years ago, 16-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: Gnah I'm afraid I've discovered a new bug :(

(...) My faith in the company is undisturbed. Quick call to the sales dept and a new NXT is in the mail. They kindly asked me to return the broken one, using their free of charge mailing service. Note that they didn't say: "Return the unit, let us (...) (18 years ago, 14-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Sony-Ericsson Z530i and other BT, Cam and Java phones

As far as I've seen in the SDK's released by Sony-Ericsson Java programs do have full access to BT and camera. I don't think the phone has enough hardware to perform any image recognition more than very basic. But I chose that model since it has a (...) (18 years ago, 13-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Gnah I'm afraid I've discovered a new bug :(

Replying to myself: I've been told by support to contact sales. Which is fair, not their fault that I contacted the wrong source. When it comes to Sony-Ericsson Z530i I'll create a new thread so we can discuss that. (...) (18 years ago, 13-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Flash Write Cycles

(...) I am not 100% sure but I am pretty sure based on a number of discussions that I have been involved with during the MUP2/MDP. To the best of my knowledge a clicking brick (however it got into that state) is a brick running SAM-BA in flash with (...) (18 years ago, 13-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Gnah I'm afraid I've discovered a new bug :(

(...) Yah well, that's GPS for you. Even high-budget GPS's don't work very well indoors, if at all. (18 years ago, 13-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Details of the Bluetooth messaging protocol?

Can someone clarify the details of the Bluetooth messaging protocol? The documentation is quite confusing. (There is documentation for this in the Executable File Specificationn and in the Bluetooth develop kit document, as well as some in the NXT-G (...) (18 years ago, 13-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Flash Write Cycles

(...) flash Are you sure of this John? It seems like the reset button would be for dire circumstances and would do something different than the firmware boot mode. The spec says this about SAMBA loading: "To enter SAM-BA Boot Recovery, the TST pin (...) (18 years ago, 13-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact