 Robotics / NXT / 121 (-10)
  RE: Flash Write Cycles

(...) Don't forget that the education market is also a large portion of the Mindstorms market. Lifetime for education is more line ten years?? And depending on environment, these could be heavy use applications. LEGO has also been very generous in (...) (18 years ago, 10-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Flash Write Cycles

(...) One probable reason that the NXT does not do any wear leveling is that it executes instructions directly from flash (the instructions in the firmware itself), which is memory mapped. This requires that these instructions are contiguous, which (...) (18 years ago, 10-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Flash Write Cycles

In article <J5C97r.BBF@lugnet.com>, David <dww.robotics@gmail.com> writes (...) This is the guaranteed minimum number, with higher voltages and at higher temperatures than you are likely to use the NXT at. FLASH memory is a pretty mature technology (...) (18 years ago, 10-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT in London

In article <J5CrsD.53w@lugnet.com>, Patrick Levy <patrick@omiccron.com.br> writes (...) That is the Lego Company's recommended price. Hamleys sell to many foreign visitors so they can probably help with advice on how to reclaim the VAT (17.5% retail (...) (18 years ago, 10-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: Flash Write Cycles

(...) I researched this topic about eight months ago. I no longer worry about it. I must admit I didn't know about the "lock-bits" specification and was concerned only with the "flash rewrite specification". I have also had other conversations on (...) (18 years ago, 10-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Flash Write Cycles

(...) When downloading a program to the NXT using NBC if there is a file with the same name on the NXT already it is first deleted. Then a new file is created and written using the same filename. I don't know whether that means the firmware will (...) (18 years ago, 10-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT in London

Somebody can point me the best (cheapest) shop to buy the NXT in London? I will be there by october, and I only found it for £179,99 GBP in hamleys. (ouch!). TIA Patrick Levy São Paulo, Brazil (18 years ago, 10-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Flash Write Cycles

(...) I don't; John Hansen might. While Flash memory does have a limited number of read/write cycles, it appears that the stated limit is conservative, by a large margin... although some of us have thought about a "test to failure" trial, I've not (...) (18 years ago, 10-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Bluetooth Commands via Perl

(...) Although I haven't tried it, someone has created a perl module for sending commands here: (URL) haven't tried it because I'm working on a ruby module :) (URL) (18 years ago, 9-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Flash Write Cycles

Does anyone know how the NXT firmware handles writing program files into flash? If you re-flash a program with the same name, does it first erase the sectors that the old program was located in and then re-flash these sectors with the new program? (...) (18 years ago, 9-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact