 Robotics / NXT / 116 (-20)
  Re: Flash Write Cycles

(...) When downloading a program to the NXT using NBC if there is a file with the same name on the NXT already it is first deleted. Then a new file is created and written using the same filename. I don't know whether that means the firmware will (...) (18 years ago, 10-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT in London

Somebody can point me the best (cheapest) shop to buy the NXT in London? I will be there by october, and I only found it for £179,99 GBP in hamleys. (ouch!). TIA Patrick Levy São Paulo, Brazil (18 years ago, 10-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Flash Write Cycles

(...) I don't; John Hansen might. While Flash memory does have a limited number of read/write cycles, it appears that the stated limit is conservative, by a large margin... although some of us have thought about a "test to failure" trial, I've not (...) (18 years ago, 10-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Bluetooth Commands via Perl

(...) Although I haven't tried it, someone has created a perl module for sending commands here: (URL) haven't tried it because I'm working on a ruby module :) (URL) (18 years ago, 9-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Flash Write Cycles

Does anyone know how the NXT firmware handles writing program files into flash? If you re-flash a program with the same name, does it first erase the sectors that the old program was located in and then re-flash these sectors with the new program? (...) (18 years ago, 9-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Light sensor sampling freq?

(...) Hmm, so speed isn't the issue, the issue is that the 'laser' must hit the detector head on. But luckily that was solved by inserting a thin slice of paper inside the 2x1 red transpararent brick and moving it tone stud in front of the sensor. (...) (18 years ago, 9-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: Light sensor sampling freq?

Standard Lego firmware samples every 3 msec. BricOS is much faster. I believe it is faster than once per second. RobotC on NXT is programmable to be 0.5 msec scan, 1 msec, 2 msec, ... up to 255 msec. But remember the readings are not persistent. If (...) (18 years ago, 9-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Light sensor sampling freq?

I'm working on a little nav idea that my robot can find my 'base' which is sweping a bright red led 'laser' over the area. I have to admit that I ventured into the Xacto and crazy glue area by using a 'laser' pointer and glueing four tiny mirrors (...) (18 years ago, 9-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: CBS (Clicking Brick Syndrome) Patch availible

(...) Problem solved! I was worried installing the new driver v1.02 (linked earlier in this thread, because my firmware version said 1.03. But John Hansen confirmed that they are 2 different things, so I installed the update and voila! It might be a (...) (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: CBS (Clicking Brick Syndrome) Patch availible

(...) Well I have a retail set, and decided to try downloading the firmware via USB from the LEGO software, and you guessed it, I got clicking. So I pressed the reset button as they suggest, and tried downloading it again, the progress bars all (...) (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NQC Templates

I am helping John by taking on the task of coming up with some micros for NQC template. If anyone wants to join the effort or already has some that you would like to share with other uses of NQC, e-mail me at lsrgroup@etcmail.com. Thanks Lamar (...) (18 years ago, 7-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Scorpion Plans

(...) The graphic files (if you installed in the "standard" location) are located at: C:\Program Files\LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT\engine\EditorVIs\Academy Content\activities\a...1\bi\*.jpg (plus ..\02\bi\*.jpg, ..\03\bi\*.jpg, and ..\04\bi\*.jpg) You could (...) (18 years ago, 7-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Bluetooth Commands via Perl

(...) I guess no one is using Perl to communicate with the NXT over Bluetooth. Or everyone is busy building bots. I found something that seems to work reliably on my HP Laptop running Windows 2000. It has a built-in CSR Bluetooth module that is 1.1 (...) (18 years ago, 6-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Scorpion Plans

Are the plans for the NXT Scorpion available online or anywhere in a printed or printable form? I'd much rather build it from paper plans than from my screen. Thanks, -Jon Gilchrist (18 years ago, 6-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Bluetooth COM Ports

Hi, I noticed there are a lot of COM ports that the Lego Software set up with my computer. (Control Panel, System, Hardware Tab, Device Manager, Ports (COM and LPT). I tried uninstalling all of these and then ran the Lego Software again, and it (...) (18 years ago, 4-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Bluetooth Commands via Perl

Has anyone successfully been able to send BT commands to the NXT using Perl on Windows and get a response? I've been trying to send the Get Firmware command and have not gotten a successful response. Here is a short script: $data = (...) (18 years ago, 4-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: What to do in route to BF...

(...) So you give interviews while driving through mountains? Talk about multi-tasking... (...) broken. Overall, it's a pretty nice article. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when folks like this open up a NXT. (18 years ago, 31-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.mediawatch)

  What to do in route to BF...

Wanna know what I did on my way to BrickFest? (URL) (18 years ago, 31-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: NXT and Phone Compatibility

In article <J4J9IK.H27@lugnet.com>, David J. Perdue <david@davidjperdue.com> wrote (...) I shall be writing some tools to run on phones and communicate over Bluetooth. I am in the middle of a writing project at the moment, so this may be a month or (...) (18 years ago, 27-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT and Phone Compatibility

(...) Okay, thanks for the information Tony! - David (18 years ago, 25-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact