 Robotics / NXT / 116 (-10)
  Re: Flash Write Cycles

(...) When downloading a program to the NXT using NBC if there is a file with the same name on the NXT already it is first deleted. Then a new file is created and written using the same filename. I don't know whether that means the firmware will (...) (18 years ago, 10-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT in London

Somebody can point me the best (cheapest) shop to buy the NXT in London? I will be there by october, and I only found it for £179,99 GBP in hamleys. (ouch!). TIA Patrick Levy São Paulo, Brazil (18 years ago, 10-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Flash Write Cycles

(...) I don't; John Hansen might. While Flash memory does have a limited number of read/write cycles, it appears that the stated limit is conservative, by a large margin... although some of us have thought about a "test to failure" trial, I've not (...) (18 years ago, 10-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Bluetooth Commands via Perl

(...) Although I haven't tried it, someone has created a perl module for sending commands here: (URL) haven't tried it because I'm working on a ruby module :) (URL) (18 years ago, 9-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Flash Write Cycles

Does anyone know how the NXT firmware handles writing program files into flash? If you re-flash a program with the same name, does it first erase the sectors that the old program was located in and then re-flash these sectors with the new program? (...) (18 years ago, 9-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Light sensor sampling freq?

(...) Hmm, so speed isn't the issue, the issue is that the 'laser' must hit the detector head on. But luckily that was solved by inserting a thin slice of paper inside the 2x1 red transpararent brick and moving it tone stud in front of the sensor. (...) (18 years ago, 9-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: Light sensor sampling freq?

Standard Lego firmware samples every 3 msec. BricOS is much faster. I believe it is faster than once per second. RobotC on NXT is programmable to be 0.5 msec scan, 1 msec, 2 msec, ... up to 255 msec. But remember the readings are not persistent. If (...) (18 years ago, 9-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Light sensor sampling freq?

I'm working on a little nav idea that my robot can find my 'base' which is sweping a bright red led 'laser' over the area. I have to admit that I ventured into the Xacto and crazy glue area by using a 'laser' pointer and glueing four tiny mirrors (...) (18 years ago, 9-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: CBS (Clicking Brick Syndrome) Patch availible

(...) Problem solved! I was worried installing the new driver v1.02 (linked earlier in this thread, because my firmware version said 1.03. But John Hansen confirmed that they are 2 different things, so I installed the update and voila! It might be a (...) (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: CBS (Clicking Brick Syndrome) Patch availible

(...) Well I have a retail set, and decided to try downloading the firmware via USB from the LEGO software, and you guessed it, I got clicking. So I pressed the reset button as they suggest, and tried downloading it again, the progress bars all (...) (18 years ago, 8-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact