 Robotics / Handy Board / 991
Re: Polaroid & Handyboard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 24 Nov 1996 00:26:57 GMT

I hooked up the sonar to the +5 and GND on the HB and it wroked fine.

I used TIC3 for Echo
and
pin 9 of 2nd Motor driver for INIT
and
GND for BINH

I also hooked up the sonar power leads to the 9.6V unregulated motor power header!
It also worked! ...but I had to put a .1microF capacitor on C& of the sonar.

-ericson

P.S. about the 9.6 V setup, I did this shortly before the batteries died. I believe NiCd's voltage drop with energy content. I don't know what will happen if you do this on full charge. It might break something! (I think I was llucky. I'm n
ot going to try it again and find out though  :)   )