 Robotics / Handy Board / 983
982  |  984
Subject:
Polaroid & Handyboard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 06:32:51 GMT

Okay...I hooked up a Polaroid Rannging board to the Handyboard. And
something about the supply prevents the echo from being properly detected.
If I provide power from a more substantial supply, the echo is detected
correctly (I was watching this on a 'scope). If I try to power the Polaroid
board directly from +5V off the Handyboard (with or without the 500 mfd
cap), it doesn't work. Nor does it work directly off the battery.

Does anybody have any suggestions for powering the ranging module directly
off the Handyboard?

BTW, I also used TOC3 to assert INIT, and TIC3 to watch for ECHO going
high. What do people think about that scheme? Is there any way to configure
TOC3 so that it will assert the line for 100ms and then drop back to zero,
without polling or interrupts? My guess is no, if the timer is configured
to run divided-by-one.

Rick L. Mann
rmann@apple.com