 Robotics / Handy Board / 981
980  |  982
Subject:
Interface/charge board problem>>part II :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 01:22:53 GMT

Hello again,
        After several fustrating hours of checking all solder connections,
cables, and all that other stuff.  I finaly think that my problem is in the
MAX232 chip on the charger board.  If I remove the chip from it's socket, the
handy board will go into bootstrap mode just fine, but if the chip is in,
No bootstrap load mode.  The only other thing I can think of is that I
got a new motherboard for my computer a while ago, A cyrix 6x86 120+.
Is there some way I could have blown the chip? and if that is it, is
there somewhere I could get one realitively cheap?

-thanx alot!
wes