 Robotics / Handy Board / 8649
  optical mouse as sensor?

HI, I am currently working on a handyboard based dust buster bot(goofy, I know) and have been trying to design an algorithm where my vehicle could methodically cover all the area in a given room, starting by following along the perimeter walls and (...) (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: optical mouse as sensor?

I believe that some research work in autonomous vacuum cleaners in the late 90's determined that a random walk over the course of a few hours was just as good as a methodical path. I'll see if I can dig up the reference... (...) --- Karl ___...___ (...) (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: optical mouse as sensor?

Hi Scott, You should consider taking the mouse appart and hooking up directly to the sensor. Most (all?) optical mice use sensors made by Agilent Technologies (formely part of HP). The early mice used the HDNS2000 sensor which had a PS/2 mode and a (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)