 Robotics / Handy Board / 8624
8623  |  8625
Subject:
analog ports on handyboard?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 01:31:24 GMT

We are trying to use the Analog Ports with the Sharp GP2D12 and a
potentiometer and are having difficulty with ports 0 -3.  When we write to
the ADCTL register to read any ports 0 - 3, it reads the respective high ports.
For example, when we want to read port 2 (ADR3), we write 0x22 to ADCTL, we
don't get data from port 2, but instead get data out of port 6(ADR3).  We
are using ImageCraft C and need all 7 ports within our Firefighting robot
design.  It also does not matter whether or not the trace to the pullup
resistor is cut or not with respect to being able to read the given ports.
Any advice you could give would be greatly appricated.