 Robotics / Handy Board / 8619
  Echoing printf to terminal

Hi folks, We have been looking for a way to echo the printf()s on LCD to the IC terminal on host computer (using 2.86 - freeware). IC has a -loopback option, but apparently that only works for HB rev 1.5 and earlier. Is there a way to do this with (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Echoing printf to terminal

this is non-trivial. The -loopback option isn't what you think it is; it's a flag telling the downloader that the low-level serial ckt has a hardware echo. it's relevant to an earlier 6811 design (the mini board), not the HB design. this would (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Echoing printf to terminal

this is from george musser. enjoy. - fred My advanced library of routines ((URL) includes a kludgy way to echo printf() to the IC command line. Look at the function iprintf() in the file advlib_utility.c. The routine sets up a character pointer to (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)