 Robotics / Handy Board / 8508
Re: 74hc237
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 00:53:10 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Alessandro Terni writes:
Hi!

I'm a little in a trouble.....

I cannot find the ic 74hc237 (3-to-8 Decoder/Demultiplexer with Address
Latches) marked U5 on the expansion board...........
I have two questions:

1) Can i replace this part with an equivalent one?
2) If not.......where i can find this ic instead of Mouser Electronics?

Thanks a lot!

Alessandro,
As far as I know there are now equivelant replacements for the 74hc237. The
74hc138 does the same thing but outputs an inverted signal. If you are any good
at electronics you can fudge a 74hc04 into the prototyping area to re-invert
the signal, and use the 74hc138 in place of the 237.
Or try Digikey or allied electronics, but I didn't have much luck.
Dan