 Robotics / Handy Board / 8495
8494  |  8496
Subject:
Inaccuracy Sonar Reading
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 17:26:10 GMT

Hi there…

I have downloaded the sonar.c and it is running properly. In order to
calibrate the sonar, I have placed my robot in a different distance from the
obstacles.  From all the obtained data, the reading always ~ 6cm or ~13cm
more the actual reading. For example, when I place my robot 80 cm away from
the surface’s obstacle. And, there are no other obstacles around. The
obtained sonar reading is either ~86 cm or ~93cm and not other readings.

No matter where I put the robot, the sonar reading always shows two
different reading which are ~6 or ~13 more than the actual. It is
understandable if only one reading is obtained.

Can somebody tell me why? Are there any pulses missing (just guess)?

Thank you, and your help is very much appreciated.

Regard;
Chee