 Robotics / Handy Board / 836
835  |  837
Subject:
LCD SCREEN STUFF
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 20:06:43 GMT

  I have heard that there is a way to turn of the LCD screen on the
handyboard to save clock cycles. I have looked all around but cannot
seem to find any info on how to do this. Is this possible and if so does
it speed up the handyboard any? Someone told me it speeds the board up
about 8% even if nothing is being printed to the screen.
  Also a question about the motor chips... The board I'm using is
equipped with the TI SN754410NE chips. What will happen with these if
you are really pushing the 1 amp limit. Obviously they will get pretty
hot, but do they have any kind of thermal overload protection or will
they just destroy themselves. Is there a good easy way to limit the
current and protect the chips? Would a motor fuse suffice? Just
wondering... Joe