 Robotics / Handy Board / 8182
8181  |  8183
Subject:
Reading encoder forward/reverse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 23:24:51 GMT

I would like to tell which way my optical incremental encoder is turning. It
has two outputs, one offsett from the other. Is there any library around that
can count and give direction? (the "encoders.c" functions seem to only count
regardless of direction) If no premade software handles this, would it be
difficult to write it?

thanks
rgiuly@bigfoot.com