 Robotics / Handy Board / 8174
    polaroid sonar —Richard Giuly
   I just hooked up a polaroid sonar module with the suggested capacitor, and it does work for the most part. Unfortunately about every 5th value (using the display_sonar function) is markedly different that the others, half the reading or so. Is this (...) (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: polaroid sonar —Dennis Clark
   (...) In my experiments I have found that in using the Polaroid boards you have to be very careful of ground loops and making sure you give adequate time for the board to reset and that cap on the power line to recharge. I used to get a weird value (...) (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)