 Robotics / Handy Board / 8162
Re: IR Proximity Detector Kit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 16:35:05 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Martin Ziegler writes:
Hi

Has anybody ever used a IR Proximity Detector Kit from Lynxmotion to connect • to
the Handy-Board?

  I've used similar 555/IR detector ones.  They work fine, but you have to
do a lot of filtering to "get the noise out".  Because of that I wrote a
PIC 12C508 program that handles the noise filtering and signal processing
and just sets a bit when a LEFT OR RIGHT detection is found.  If you can
program a PIC and are interested I have the source code on my web site.
  Because I use this is all of my robots I did a PC board that will use a
variety of IR detector modules, and because of _that_ I always have extras,
which means I'll sell a board and PIC to you if you can't program the part
yourself OR you (like me) value your time enough to just use a pre-made PC
board instead of wiring one up...  I don't want to look like I'm soliciting,
so I'm not mentioning cost, however, that information is on my site.

  To get the PIC source, go to http://www.verinet.com/~dlc/botlinks.htm and
bonk on the IR Proximity Detector project, it'll have the schematics and code
there for your amusement and edification. ;-)

have fun,
DLC