 Robotics / Handy Board / 8144
Re: that _raw_analog undefined thing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 18:05:38 GMT

Dear Mr. Martin,

First, thank you for your patience. I'm really sorry to be so much trouble.

The Targa thing is easy to explain, so I'll start with that. Yes, the files
are all in ZIP archives. When I unzip them, the .icb files show the
suffix .icb, but appear with Targa icons. And, if you double click them,
Photoshop tries to open them. Of course you can open them through a text
editor and see the code, but why does the machine think they're photoshop
files? This may not relate to the problem but seems suspicious to me.

The transcript of the error differs depending on which files I try to run.
Nothing bad happened when I tried to run one of the files that came right in
the package in the zip file, but then when I try to run something like
generic1.c that used to come in the package but I had to save and re-add to
the libs folder because I need it, I get all kinds of errors. I notice that
the libs that come now with the download are different, is it that the old lib
files don't work now that you re-wrote _raw_analog? I never altered generic 1
at all.

Anyway, here's the transcript of the errors I get with generic1.c (I re-added
the .lis file too)

Error in lib_hb.c around line 233:
    Funtion _raw_analog undefined
Error in generic1.c around line 47:
    Funtion _raw_analog undefined
(then just the same errors unloading files)

I did not alter any of these files.
I have included the code for generic1.c below.
(not that you'll want to read it you probably wrote it yourself)

void serial_putchar(int c)
{
while (!(peek(0x102e) & 0x80));  /* wait until serial transmit empty */
poke(0x102f, c);  /* send character */
}

int serial_getchar()
{
   while (!(peek(0x102e) & 0x20)); /* wait for received character */
   return peek(0x102f);
}

void main()
{
char id[9];

int idx = 0;
int ctr = 100;
int x = 0;
int a = 0;
int b = 0;
int c = 0;
int d = 0;
int e = 0;
int f = 0;
int g = 0;
int k = 0; /* knob */
int r = 0; /* ir */

id[0] = 'A';
id[1] = 'B';
id[2] = 'C';
id[3] = 'D';
id[4] = 'E';
id[5] = 'F';
id[6] = 'G';
id[7] = 'K';
id[8] = 'R';

/* enable infrared driver */
/* sony_init(1); */

while (1)
{
for (idx = 0; idx < 4; idx++)
{
x = analog(idx);

if (idx == 0)
a = x;
if (idx == 1)
b = x;
if (idx == 2)
c = x;
if (idx == 3)
d = x;
if (idx == 4)
e = x;
if (idx == 5)
f = x;
if (idx == 6)
g = x;

printf("\na:%d b:%d c:%d d:%d", a, b, c, d);

serial_putchar(id[idx]);

serial_putchar((int) x);

serial_putchar(';');

/* sleep(.1); */
}

sleep(.2);
/*
x = knob();
serial_putchar(id[7]);
serial_putchar((int) x);
serial_putchar(';');
sleep(.1);
*/
/*
x = ir_data(0);
serial_putchar(id[8]);
serial_putchar((int) x);
serial_putchar(';');
sleep(.1);
*/
}

/* disable infrared driver */
/* sony_init(0); */

}

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Fred G. Martin writes:
At this point I'm not clear exactly what error message you're getting.  Would
you

1.  send a transcript of Interactive C's bootup text, leading to the error?

2.  explain the Targa file problem.  i don't understand where you'd be seeing
this message -- when you're downloading the files, they're all in ZIP • archives,
right?

fred

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Naomi Pitcairn writes:
I had already tried that but I did it again at your suggestion, threw
everything away and re-downloaded and same problem. It makes no sense to me.

Naomi

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Fred G. Martin writes:
Hi.  You may want to try redownloading and installing your lib files.  Get • them
from http://handyboard.com/software/libs.html and put them in your \ic\libs\
folder.

Fred

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Naomi Pitcairn writes:
One more thing about the problem I just posted about my code not compiling
because _raw_analog is undefined according to ic. Those .icb files come in
from downloading as targa files and the machine seems to think they're
photoshop files. Could that be the problem? Their suffixes are still .icb • but
it doesn't seem to make any difference to the machine. If it is the problem
what do I do to correct it?

NaomiP