 Robotics / Handy Board / 8131
8130  |  8132
Subject:
DC motor & Photoelectric sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 14:30:33 GMT

Hi,

I have a slight problem with my handy board, and I wonder if someone could help
me out.  I have to use a photoelectric sensor and a DC motor on my handy board,
and both have to work at the same time.  The sensor requires a 10 volt supply
voltage, so I use one of the motor outputs to power it.  When the motor starts,
or slows down for more torque (thereby drawing more current), it seems to
affect the current supplied to the sensor, producing an effect similar to
switching the sensor on and off very quickly.  As I use the sensor to count
object passing in front of it, it is a major problem to me.  How can I solve
this problem?

Thanks,

Frank Payen