 Robotics / Handy Board / 8086
8085  |  8087
Subject:
Batteries again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 09:37:46 GMT

As Fred is recommending using nicads due to the constant trickle charge when
connected to the mains adapter I have a question regarding the nicad batteries.
If the batteries are trickle charged before they are fully discharged (usual
practice I assume due to memory backup circuitry) won't the nicad 'memory'
effect come into play ?. Does anyone have any experiences of this sort of
problem with the HB ?.

Thanks.

John Hatton
johnhatton@email.com