 Robotics / Handy Board / 8084
8083  |  8085
Subject:
Possible error in assembly guide.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 03:41:08 GMT

Near the end of the "interface/charger serial circuit" heading of the
"Assembling The Handy Board" guide, it says measure the voltage of pin
6 of the MAX232, I did that and got -9.5 which is correct. Then I
connected pin2 of j9 and pin6 of max232 so the green led would come
on, that worked too. But the voltage on pin 3 of j9 is -7.9 (wrong
according to the guide) when the green led is on.

When I try jumpering pin 6 to pin 10 of the max232, voltage at pin 3
of j9 goes to -3 (also wrong). Without it connected, the voltage is -9
like it should be.

I've ignored these slightly wrong readings, gone through downloading
the pcode, and it appears to work fine. I think the guide is
suggesting the wrong voltages, though I might just be testing
wrong.