 Robotics / Handy Board / 8055
8054  |  8056
Subject:
Here's the code I wrote so far, any ideas why my Polaroid 6500 has only 15ft range?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 03:17:11 GMT

Hi everyone,

Here's some code that I have so far.  I have no clue why I only get 15'
range out of my Polaroid 6500.
I did not get the usual fastener that clasps the tranducer into place,
could that do it?
My tansducer is mounted on "sensor array" platform where I can plan and
tilt with servos.
I was a little disapointed when 16' was out of range, there must me
something wrong.
I added the .1uF cap at C7 as the directions suggest.

Also.. as you can see from the sonarscan routing I "void" out a ping
that's out of range..
why do I still get a bad value , backup and turn left?

Right now my pan & tily mechanism is on some ugly perf board that's
mounted on my
servos.  I'll be thinking up a better way to mount this eventualy.

I'm really starting to like Interactive C.  running sensor scans as a
process, gotta love that.
anyway.. here's the code so far.  I use my Multi TV remote to run this.
Next up is Infra Red
Proximity, Man if I new I was limited to 15ft I'd go the Sharp GPD
route.

If anyone has any clue why I get limited range let me know please!
For now, here' s what I've got done so far:

int sonarpid ;
int irccmd = 0;
int oldirccmd ;
int rotate = 0;
int sonarhit;
void main ()
{
init_expbd_servos (1);
alloff ();
sony_init(1);

start_process(getircommand());
while (irccmd != 23)
  { if (irccmd == 3 && oldirccmd != irccmd)
    {
      path1();
    }
if (irccmd == 4 && oldirccmd != irccmd)
    {
      path2();
    }

if (irccmd == 5 && oldirccmd != irccmd)
    {
      path3();
    }

if (irccmd == 6 && oldirccmd != irccmd)
    {
      explore();
    }

{ if (irccmd == 26 && oldirccmd != irccmd) {
  go_fwd();
       }
else if (irccmd == 24 && oldirccmd != irccmd) {
go_bwd();
}

else if (irccmd == 31 && oldirccmd != irccmd){
go_right ();
}

else if  (irccmd == 30 && oldirccmd != irccmd) {
go_left ();
}
else if (irccmd == 63) {
stop ();
}
if (irccmd == 1 && oldirccmd != irccmd) {
go_beep ();
}
}
  }
printf ("End Test \n");
}

void getircommand()
{
  int irc;
  while(1)
{
  irc = ir_data(0);
  if(irc)
  {
   if(irc >= 128)
    irc -= 127;
       irccmd = irc;

  }
  else
   defer();
}
}

void go_fwd()
{
  oldirccmd = irccmd;
encoder2_counts=0;

motor (1,25);
motor (2,25);
}

void go_bwd () {
  oldirccmd = irccmd;
  encoder2_counts=0;

motor (1,-25);
motor (2,-25);
}

void go_right () {
  oldirccmd = irccmd;
  encoder2_counts=0;

        motor (1,25);
  motor (2,-25);

}

void go_left () {
  oldirccmd = irccmd;
encoder2_counts=0;

        motor (2,25);
        motor (1,-25);

}

void stop ()
{
  oldirccmd = 100000;
  printf ("stop \n");
  printf ("%d encoder ticks \n", encoder2_counts);
        alloff();
sleep (1.5);
}

void  go_beep ()