 Robotics / Handy Board / 7993
Re: Download from Notebook on Windows 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 18:42:38 GMT

Fred,

I used dl in full screen mode as you suggested and successfully downloaded the
pcode interpreter.  I haven't actually tried to load an IC program yet, but at
least I'm heading in the right direction.  (I forgot your advice about
throwing away the .pif file, but the .s19 file downloaded anyway).  Thanks for
a boost.

Steve

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Fred G. Martin writes:
I don't know why HBDL doesn't work sometimes.

Can you try dl.exe.  It's part of the stock Interactive C
distribution.

There are command line switches to tell it to use COM2.  You'll have
to throw away the PIF file that comes along.  Sometimes it works
better in full-screen mode.

Please let us know the result...

Fred

In your message you said:
Last year I had a desktop Compac running Windows 95.  I used HBDL and never
encountered any problems.  We now have IBM thinkpads running Windows 2000 • and
I can't get the downloader to work.  I went through the hardware sanity • check
on the HB pages and com2 works and communicates with the HB nicely. • Followin
a suggestion I read (somewhere), I set the transmit & receive buffers to the
minimum size available on com2.  (The 9 pin serial port is com2 on my
machine.)  I get one of two errors.  If the charger is plugged in, it looks
like the download is going smoothly, but at the end I get an error message
which says "Error at address 0x0000".  If the charger is not plugged in, the
error message is "Wrong port or board mode".

If anyone could help with this problem, I would appreciate it.

Steve Mosiman