 Robotics / Handy Board / 7981
7980  |  7982
Subject:
Vector 2x and expansion board
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 02:53:37 GMT

Hi all,

I am ready to connect my vector 2x to the handy board/expansion board. I have
already installed the sonar. In reading all of the past posts, no clear answer
seems to be present regarding how to get the thing working IN THIS
CONFIGURATION.

Will some kind soul please point me to the right path?

Please provide (if available) a table of pinouts so that I can hook the thing
up. Please make your pinout names be the same as what I can see in the
Handyboard and Vector documentation. I don't know all of the technical jargon,
but I can follow instructions. I don't have a "Pink Book", either.

Please indicate any additional hardware/components necessary. If not direct
lines from handy b to vector, a schematic would be nice.

Please indicate what is necessary in software (hopefully IC level, not
assembly). If someone already has code, that would be ideal.

If at all possible, can this information be presented in a "Vector 2x
interface to a Handy board/Exp. Board for DUMMIES" kind of way? I am a dummy
after all and need all the help I can get.

I apologize if I appear a bit demanding, but I am not an electronics/software
guru like some of you folks obviously are. I just want to get it working so I
can give the bot some inputs so I can figure out how to get from point A to
point B.

thank you all very much for all your help in the past, and in advance for your
future assistance.