 Robotics / Handy Board / 7961
  What is a bobbin(sp)?

This is a silly question: What is a bobbin(sp)? I tried to find its function on-line or in textbooks, but I couldn't find much. A friend gave me a box filled with robot parts, including these things call bobbin. What are they? -- Ray (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: What is a bobbin(sp)?

Isn't a bobbin part of a sewing machine? I distinctly remember it being the thing underneath the needle that you needed to load with thread to make the whole thing work. Aha, a look at websters gives me the following definition: 5. (Elec.) A (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: What is a bobbin(sp)?

(...) is it a cylinder (about the size of 2x2) with thin wall sides? (what a lego description!) then, it is an accessory for a sewing machine that holds the thread for the backstitch. older ones are metal; newer ones are plastic. later ~ craig~ (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)