 Robotics / Handy Board / 790
789  |  791
Subject:
More info of serial I/O
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 1996 02:58:07 GMT

I am trying to get the handyboard to communicate with a standard COM port.
I have Randy Sargent's code of how to communicate serially, however, a
terminal program cannot find the handyboard (I get a "Cannot open COM Port"
error).  I think that there may be some kind of I/O that needs to be done
before a COM port knows that there is a handyboard there (maybe using the
carrier detect pin or sending some information back to the computer to let
it know that it is there).  If anyone has a clue, please e-mail me back.
Thank You,
Micah D. Krider
kmicah@uwf-uf.ee.uwf.edu