 Robotics / Handy Board / 7732
    Handy Board MTBF —Fred G. Martin
   no, it has never been evaluated for mean time between failures. fred (24 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        More torque —Sean Verret
     Is there an easy way to get more torque out of a stepper motor? Upping the voltage is not an option at this time. I've already decreased the width of the pulses enough (so that it has enough torque to start on its own without a push) that it goes (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: More torque —Chuck McManis
   One word "Chopper" Nearly every commercial stepper motor driver I have ever seen uses a chopper circuit. This is because torque is related to current (actually its related to magnetic flux but that's related to current :-). The operation of a (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)