 Robotics / Handy Board / 7717
Re: Output to file option for IC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 15:55:50 GMT

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Tommy Thammavongsa wrote:

It would be cool if IC can output results to a file.  well, since it can't
does anyone have code available for borland c++ which will receive data over
the serial port?  I found some code from earlier posts, but can't seem to find
one that works.

Here's a stupid idea, but might be the simplest:  Run a dumb terminal program.
I keep a very old version of Telix for DOS around for this purpose.  Most of
the dumb terminal programs have some option or other for logging or capturing
to a file.

Now if you need to actually DO something as the data comes in, then you'll
have to write your own code.

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM@tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin
"Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown
"Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates." -- WE7U