 Robotics / Handy Board / 7706
  Diodes for Sonar Assembly

On the official plans on the HB web site, it says to connect 6 1N5401 diodes for a voltage drop. Can I use 1N5404s instead? We got our sonar module the other day and are itching to try it out. After visiting various Radio Shacks I couldn't find the (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Diodes for Sonar Assembly

yes, this is fine. the 5404s have a higher voltage rating, so they're "better". the 5401's are specified because they'd be cheaper and are already more than adequate. fred In your message you said: (...) I (...) e (...) (24 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)