 Robotics / Handy Board / 7695
Re: Question about uP's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 01:05:41 GMT

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Brat Wizard wrote:

I've just acquired  a MC68HC711E9CFN2 (Motorola part) and a
TMP68C711E9T (Toshiba part) and I was wondering if these will work in
the HandyBoard??? They are OTP parts which have already been programmed
but supposedly will work fine in expanded mode. Does anyone know for
sure?

I'm using an E9 part in a couple of Handyboards.  When you set up
the CONFIG register (I think most of the downloaders do this for you),
you end up disabling the internal ROM and then it looks like an A1
part or so.  Works great for me.  I think the part number I'm using
is similar to the first one you mention.

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM@tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin
"Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown
"Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates." -- WE7U