 Robotics / Handy Board / 7664
Re: Handyboard Upload
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 17:33:06 GMT

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Stacey Aughe wrote:

Has anyone out there ever uploaded data collected by the Handyboard back to the
PC?  I need to get some distances measured by our sonar sensors back up to the
PC for use in another application.  If you can help me, I'd really apprieciate
it.

I've done this.  Kind of.  I hooked up a Handyboard to listen to a GPS, and to
send commands and data to a terminal node controller (an amateur radio modem)
to send my position out over the radio.

In order to do this, I told Interactive-C to disconnect from the serial
port, and then took over the serial port for my own purposes.  It was very
easy, and the instructions for how to talk out the serial port are on the
Handyboard web pages.

Writing the code that goes on the PC would be the harder part, but there are
a lot of examples around the 'net about how to do that.  I've done it in
C and in Perl, and both are quite workable.

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM@tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin
"Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown
"Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates." -- WE7U