 Robotics / Handy Board / 7654
Re: resistor pull-up help!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 00:33:21 GMT

basically, yes.  the inputs from the expansion board feed into the
inputs on the main board.

if you need a high impedance input, your best bet is to cut a trace on
the main board and use one of those inputs.  the exp bd takes over
main board inputs 0 and 1, so don't use those.

fred

In your message you said:
Hi,

Are the general-purpose analog inputs in the exp board  also connected to
the pull-up in the HB main? To use that kind of sensors the only way is to
cut the trace in the HB, no matter I have or no the  ExpBoard?

Thanks

Jose Luis

--- Original Message -----
From: Fred G. Martin <fredm@media.mit.edu>
To: <lugnet.robotics.handyboard@lugnet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2000 10:49 AM
Subject: Re: resistor pull-up help!

the exp bd inputs plug into the inputs on the main HB.  so you still
have to remove the pullup on the main HB.

just cut the short trace on the underside of the board between the
signal input pin and the pullup resistor.

f.

In your message you said:
Hi all,

I'm trying to connect a pair of GP2D12 to my handyboard. I know there
is
an
issue with the handyboard pull-up resistors and these devices so I •  figured
I'll try to use the unused LEGO sensor connectors on my expansion board •  (I
don't have any LEGO sensor anyway).

So I removed the resistor pack RP2 on my expansion board. According to •  my
understanding of the expansion board layout, those are the one
providing
the
pull-up for the 4 LEGO input, RP2 is a 10Kx5 used only for this • purpose.

And of course it's not working :^(. I still got a 255 (251 to be exact)
readout on analog 28-31 without anything connected and I was expecting •  to
read 0 from there... And because of that my GP2D12 are still not • working
correctly.

What did I miss? What else should I do to transform these into floating
inputs?

-- Eric