 Robotics / Handy Board / 7652
Re: Required tools for assembly
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 21:05:14 GMT

I have a really nice, and very expensive (somebody gave it to me), Tech 2432A
dual trace scope with storage.  I have also built about 20 boards of various
kinds, some of my own design.

The scope has lots of dust on it, although it looks great on the bench.  I turn
it on if someone is coming around I want to impress, but I've only used it once
that I really had to. That was just to get some software to drive a GP2D02 IR
module, and it was very handy in that case.  Bottom line, you don't need a
scope.  If all you ever get is a good digital volt meter, you can go a long
ways with that.

Good luck,

Gary Livick
Tiny HC11 products for your robot
http://www.teleport.com/~raybutts/

Bob Kelly wrote:

Can somebody please tell if it is absolutely necessary to have an
oscilliscope for the assembly of and H board? If so, what are my INEXPENSIVE
options/suppliers? What is a logic probe? is it a 5vdc test lamp? Can I get
this kind of stuff at radio shack or will I needc to order it?

Thank You all