 Robotics / Handy Board / 762
761  |  763
Subject:
SPI
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 19:40:52 GMT

|> 2) Can I just connect the 4 SPI pins to each other (SS to SS, MISO to MISO,
|>    MOSI to MOSI, SCLK to SCLK), or do I need to cross connect MISO and MOSI?
|>    Are there any termination requirements, etc?
|
|MISO = master in slave out
|MOSI = master out slave in,
|
|so cross connect.  It's all in the manual.

no, don't cross connect.  MISO goes to MISO, MOSI goes to MOSI.

One 6811 is the master and the othr is the slave.  The master
transmits on its MOSI and receives on its MISO.  The slave transmits
on its MISO and receives on its MOSI.

i.e., the lines dynamically reconfigure to be in or out depending if
you are the master or a slave.

-F