 Robotics / Handy Board / 760
Re: SPI & Mini SSC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 13:48:47 GMT

2) Can I just connect the 4 SPI pins to each other (SS to SS, MISO to MISO,
   MOSI to MOSI, SCLK to SCLK), or do I need to cross connect MISO and MOSI?
   Are there any termination requirements, etc?

MISO = master in slave out
MOSI = master out slave in,

so cross connect.  It's all in the manual.

Probably not, depending on how your write your code.  The Master will
send data  on the MOSI pin, and the slave will receive on the MOSI
pin, so that would be straight through cable.

Depends though, if all your boards are masters, then you must cross
connect.  Typically though, the design of the SPI subsystem should
work with one master, and other slaves.

--
tgb@bnr.com