 Robotics / Handy Board / 7582
7581  |  7583
Subject:
need help with HB batteries
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 18:07:39 GMT

Hi all, I have some problems about selecting batteries for HB hope you can help
me.. I am building a mobile robot which contained 12 GP1u58x IR, 2 GP2d02 IR, 1
Polaroid Ultrasonic sonar and 2 hacked servos (seperate 6V supply), what kind
of batteries should I use (voltage, mAh and nos.) ? Why i have this question is
because when i connected 8nos. 1.5V "DURACELL" Alkaline battery to BH (without
ultrasonic sonar), the HB seem works well, but when i connected the ultrasonic
sonar to the exp. board, I can't start my HB. When i checked with the data book
of the sonar, it said that it need 6V and 2.5A, so i really don't know how to
select batteries. What i feel trouble is my robot is quite small in size, can't
support those big and heavy 12V 2A or higher battery. Thansk..