 Robotics / Handy Board / 7531
7530  |  7532
Subject:
new lock_process() function library for IC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 18:57:47 GMT

I have written some library code which allows user programs to
effectively hog_processor() for a user-specified time interval, instead of
the 256 msec allowed by hog_processor().  The new functions are:

void lock_process(float seconds) ;locks out all other running
;processes for time seconds.
;time can range from .001-4294967
;seconds.  (The counter is a 32-bit
;msec counter.)

void unlock_process() ;unlocks the lock_process() lock and
;swaps to the next process, allowing
;multitasking to resume.

lock_process() installs a timer tick daemon which manages the counter and
prevents the current process from being swapped out, based upon the state of
a global enable flag.  The daemon is an .icb file.

lock_process() requires the hog_processor() function from lib-???.c and
the int2uf() function from my math.c library.  lock_process() works on both
Handy Boards and 6.270 boards.

The files are available via anonymous ftp at:

ftp://junior.apk.net/pub/users/drushel/lock_process/lock_process.c
ftp://junior.apk.net/pub/users/drushel/lock_process/lock_process.icb
ftp://junior.apk.net/pub/users/drushel/lock_process/lock_process.lis
ftp://junior.apk.net/pub/users/drushel/lock_process/lock_process.asm
ftp://junior.apk.net/pub/users/drushel/lock_process/math.c

Please let me know if you find any bugs or have any comments.

Fred, feel free to add these to the appropriate area of the Handy
Board website.

*Rich*
--
Richard F. Drushel, Ph.D.            | "Aplysia californica" is your taxonomic
Department of Biology, Slug Division | nomenclature.  /  A slug, by any other