 Robotics / Handy Board / 7528
RE: servo motors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 15:19:18 GMT

I'm not that familiar with the routines but it looks like you're shutting
off the servos before they can move.

Yes you are right, i just figured out too. i have to give at least 0.3secs
for the servo to move to the required position.

I also believe once you turn off the servo it won't hold it's position any
longer.

actually the servo doesn't move when you turn it off. if you don't turn it
off some small movements are observed. i think its due to some small changes
in the pulse timing. so i found it is better to actually move to the
required position and turn the servo off. this way it holds it position
firmly.

cheers again
fazal

-----Original Message-----
From: James Munro
To: E158 (M.FAZAL)
Cc: lugnet.robotics.handyboard@lugnet.com
Sent: 3/2/00 2:48 PM
Subject: Re: servo motors

wrote the following very simple code, and it doesnt work. can anyone • spot
the problem.

void main()
{
servo_on(); /* on servo */
servo(3800); /* full left turn */
servo_off(); /* off servo */
fd(0);          /* motor 0 on */
        sleep(2.0); /* for 2 secs */
servo_on(); /* on servo */
servo(2500); /* mid position */
servo_off();
}

What is it supposed to be doing?  When you say _it_ doesn't work, what
exactly is not working?  I'm not that familiar with the routines but it
looks like you're shutting off the servos before they can move.  I also
believe once you turn off the servo it won't hold it's position any
longer.

-Jim Munro
<jimmn@xnet.com>