 Robotics / Handy Board / 7513
Re: Servo controllers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 00:43:43 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Zheng Xu writes:
I understand that a handyboard in combination with the expansion provides a
total of 6 servo motor controllers. However, I need 12 controllers. Is there
any other ways to achieve this other than buying another set of handyboard +
expansion board?

  If you can burn PIC processors yourself, try my page at http://
www.verinet.com/~dlc/botlinks.htm and bonk on the serial servo controller
project.  I have PIC12C508 code there that allows you to control 4 servos with
a single 2400 baud connection.  The code is set to allow a single byte to
select one of 4 servos for 64 positions.  Sure, its not a HUGE resolution of
control, but it works just fine for most of us.  If you can't burn your own,
I can be persuaded to burn them for you at a price.

have fun,
DLC