 Robotics / Handy Board / 7496
7495  |  7497
Subject:
A/D converter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 00:12:02 GMT

Dear HB,

I am trying to convert an anolog voltage from a thermocoupler to a digital
value and display it on the LCD. I thought this could be accomplished by
changing the high reference voltage V(rh) from the default 5V to 600mV to
get the max resolution over a range from  0V to 600mV. It looks like the
5V(rh) is set on pin 52 of the processor thru a cap connected to pin 22 if
memory chip U2.

I initially thought I could use the pot (VR1) to adjust V(rh) but from the
schematic it looks like this only adjusts the input to AN7

Can anyone offer suggestions.

Thanks much,

Ken Kelsch
Cabletron Systems