 Robotics / Handy Board / 7454
Re: a few part questions (of course!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 16:56:58 GMT

--- David Perry <davidperry@geocities.com> wrote:
<snip>
The IR demodulator, what is it and what are the alternatives?

Somebody on this mailing list (I forgot who) has a web page
that says the IR receiver module (38kHz, side-look) from
Digikey (www.digikey.com), part no. 160-1153-ND, is pretty much
identical to the part listed in the HB Tech. Ref.

I bought one, but I haven't tried it yet. According to the
instructions I saw, it's supposed to be wired up like so:
    -------------
   |             |
   |     IR      |
   |   module    |
   |             |
    -------------
  gnd|    |V+  |signal
     /    |    |
    /     |    |
   /    + |    |
   o--)|--o    |
   | 47uF |    |
   |      \    |
   |    47/    |
   |   ohm\    |
   |      /    |
   |      |    |
-----    |    |
  ---    +5V   signal
   -

I haven't even reviewed the HB schematics yet to determine
whether the capacitor and the resistor are already part of the
HB circuit. Anyway, I hope this helps.

-- Will

=====
Any sufficiently advanced technology