 Robotics / Handy Board / 7451
Re: a few part questions (of course!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 23:12:04 GMT

David Perry wrote:

Hi,
Being on the BEAM robotics list for ages i realise how annoying it is to have newbies coming in and you having to explain things all over again, but i just can't find the info i'm looking for so here goes...

We love it.  Lets us show that after being in robotics for a couple of months, we are now experts!

I've found most parts, but there a few problems...
first - the L293D - i can get it but at $20 *each* that pretty much blows my budget for this project of building my very own handy board. Any alternatives from farnell (hopefully) so i don't have to pay all that postage?

Go here and get this chip instead.... http://www.acroname.com/robotics/parts/R6-754410.html

Also i have been unable to find that 32k RAM chip, farnell only stocks the 16k and the 64k, not the 32k. Any ideas? Could i use a 64k somehow and not use the upper 32k.

They are around, but if you can't find any, I have one I'll part with for $4.00 over my cost, what ever that was (I'll have to look it up) plus postage.

The IR demodulator, what is it and what are the alternatives?

Somebody else will have to do this one.  I never hooked mine up.

Good luck, and have fun.

Gary Livick
http://www.teleport.com/~raybutts/