 Robotics / Handy Board / 7440
Re: Slower serial connection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 22:00:31 GMT

From: "Curt Mills, WE7U" <hacker@tc.fluke.com>
...I have had my Handyboard receiving from a GPS and tranmitting to
a TNC at 4800 baud.  Initially did it with IC, but am now using GCC
for my code.  You can just poke a value into one of the HC11
registers to change the baud rate.

Ah, I tried this, but it breaks the pcode serial connection.  IC on the Mac
side seems to demand a 9600-baud connection and can't compensate for
different rates.  I suppose I should move to a different C compiler, but I'd
lose the interactivity which comes in so handy during debugging.

George
--
George Musser
georgejr@musser.com