 Robotics / Handy Board / 7438
Re: Slower serial connection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 18:05:46 GMT

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, George Musser Jr wrote:

Does anyone know how to reduce the baud rate used by IC?  (I'm running Mac
version 3.1.)  I'd like to replace the serial cable with an RF link, but
keep the interactivity of IC.

Incidentally, I've found that the Parallax RF stamps work quite well on my
Rug Warrior, though in retrospect I might have gone for something less
expensive.

Thanks!
George Musser
--
George Musser
georgejr@musser.com

I figured it out either from the Handyboard web pages at MIT or from the
big pink book (Motorola HC11 Book).  I have had my Handyboard receiving
from a GPS and tranmitting to a TNC at 4800 baud.  Initially did it with
IC, but am now using GCC for my code.  You can just poke a value into one
of the HC11 registers to change the baud rate.

73,

Curt Mills, WE7U                         hacker.NO_*SPAM@tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin
"Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown
"Windows:  Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates." -- WE7U