 Robotics / Handy Board / 7419
7418  |  7420
Subject:
(no subject)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 00:03:13 GMT

Maybe somebody could help.
I am try to use the IR output. the problem is that the HB is modulating the
signal at 41kHz and I need to get it down to 38kHz.
I have checked the resistor and capacitor used in generating the frequency.

R = 3.81 K
C = 0.0068uF
f = 1/(3.81k)(.0068uF) = 38.5981kHz

at least in theory.

When I run the command poke(0x1000, 0x40); as Fred suggests in the test
procedures I get about 43kHz at the output of U9-Pin 2(hex inverter)
Which is high compared to the suggested output. (39k - 40k)Hz
I am really trying to avoid replacing the res. and cap.
I was wondering if anybody else had a problem with their IR output.
If so could you let me know your experience. I am baffled as to why there
is such a difference from theory to actual.
I have been through the HB archives and cannot find a thing. So any help at
all is welcomed and appreciated.

Best regards,

Fred Martin
(NOT the Fred you might be thinking about!)
We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or
the size of our automobile rather than by the quality of our
service and relationship to mankind.
- Martin Luther King Jr.